The specific objectives of this program are the following:
- Guarantee the basic needs of accommodation, food and health.
- Provide appropriate hygiene and sanitary conditions.
- Provide specialized care in matters of legal guidance, aimed at individuals in vulnerable situations.
- Equip the individual with social skills and tools for coexistence and an autonomous social life.
Residential and Healthcare Features
- Temporary accommodation in shared rooms or rooms for family groups, depending on the characteristics of the individuals.
- Support during their stay.
- Information on the services offered by the Emergency Field Shelter during their stay.
- Promotion of the individuals’ personal independence.
• Monitoring of the stay in the Emergency Field Shelter in accordance with current regulations.
• Aknowledging and conveying requests, needs and suggestions made by the attended individuals based on well-founded needs, in order to improve the quality of services.
• Promotion and consolidation of the values of tolerance and respect when solving daily community living issues.
• Promotion and reinforcement of channels enabling individuals to participate in the centre’s daily activities.
• Increase knowledge of the host society’s socio-historical, geographical and cultural aspects
• Energise and improve community life at the shelter through socio-cultural animations that encourage interraction.
- ➢ Social Care
- Assessment, evaluation and diagnosis of the individuals’ social state and situation.
- Guidance, information and advice on social, health, cultural, leisure and free time resources.
- Advice and follow up of administrative procedures.
- Translation of essential documents as part of the integration process.
- Assessment and processing of public subsidies established by law in favor of the beneficiary.
- ➢Psychological Care
- Care of residents to promote the development of psychosocial skills and abilities, health promotion and social integration.
- Psychological evaluation, diagnosis, follow-up and referral to public mental health services in the area, if necessary.
- Language classes.
- Culture workshops.
- Academic Tutorials
- Conflict Resolution Workshops
- Schooling of minors when compulsory.
Socio-labor Integration Features
• Access to language courses.
• Information and referral to occupational training courses of the public/private training network.
• Information and advice on recognition and validation of previous studies.
• Job orientation.
• Design and follow-up of the professional evolution and integration of the residents.
• Information and support in the design and development of self-employment projects.
• Information and support regarding work authorizations.
• Information on Spanish legislation regarding workforce.
• Information and advice to employers when they intend to legally employ residents.
External Relations Features
- Visits to the Emergency Field Shelter, by the public institution, in the interest of visibility of the group, programs and actions.
- Collaboration with public/private institutions in awareness campaigns aimed at the local community.
- Creation and maintenance of stable institutional relationships with social agents, public and private entities at local, regional and national levels, through the establishment of collaborative networks.
- Participation in European Programs aimed at the integration of the residents.