SAMU First Response is a global medical and social nonprofit organization that provides immediate humanitarian relief to vulnerable populations using a comprehensive and culturally competent approach. Grupo SAMU, our European branch, has over 40 years of experience successfully responding and delivering assistance to communities experiencing complex crises.
Given the migration crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border, SAMU First Response will be opening an Emergency Respite Center in Rockville, MD to address the acute needs of asylum seekers and migrants passing through the DC area. SAMU will work with local government and partner organizations to ensure that newcomers have access to comprehensive services, including food, clothing, hygiene facilities, respite, and medical/legal support as they travel to their destination.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Service Specialist is responsible for providing newcomers with information, guidance, and referrals regarding resources and services that meet their needs in their destination community. Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing intake information and screenings to confirm the service needs of newcomers.
- Contacting local entities for any urgent/emergency needs while in the Respite Center.
- Making referrals and linking newcomers to appropriate resources and providers at their destination.
- Providing orientation on what to expect and how to navigate resources.
- Ensuring that referrals and notes are entered in the database efficiently and accurately.
- Developing and maintaining an up-to-date database of resources in destination cities.
- Identifying gaps/trends and providing recommendations to the Deputy Director.
- Following up with newcomers as necessary.
- Communicating with newcomers and colleagues in a professional, respectful, and constructive manner.
- Treating newcomers with dignity and upholding confidentiality at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or relevant discipline and 3 years of relevant experience, or Masters and at least 1 years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English and a second language (preferably Spanish, French, or Portuguese).
- Prior experience working with asylum seekers, immigrants, refugees, or other marginalized populations preferred.
- Computer proficiency and data entry experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to pass background check.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19 and able to work in-person in Rockville, MD or elsewhere in the DMV, if necessary.
- Flexibility to work in different settings including the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
- Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SAMU First Response is an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. SAMU does not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws.