SAMU First Response is a global medical and social nonprofit organization that provides immediate humanitarian relief to vulnerable populations using a comprehensive and culturally competent approach. Given the migration crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border, SAMU First Response will be opening an Emergency Respite Center in Rockville, MD to address the acute needs of asylum seekers and migrants passing through the DC area. SAMU will work with local government and partner organizations to ensure that newcomers have access to comprehensive services, including food, clothing, hygiene facilities, respite, and medical/legal support as they travel to their destination.
We are currently looking for a Night Manager to join our team. The Night Manager is responsible for overseeing the Respite Center during overnight shift hours, providing support to newcomers as needed and ensuring that any issues are resolved promptly.
- Monitoring the Respite Center during overnight hours and providing basic support to newcomers.
- Communicating and coordinating with appropriate local entities in the case of emergencies or urgent needs.
- Providing guidance and oversight to the overnight security team, as needed.
- Compiling a brief report out after each shift, documenting any incidents and ongoing matters.
- Escalating urgent issues to a member of the leadership team.
- Communicating with newcomers and colleagues in a professional, respectful, and constructive manner.
- Treating newcomers with dignity and upholding confidentiality at all times.
- Flexibility to work in different settings including the field
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 4 years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English and preferably a second language (ideally Spanish, French, or Portuguese).
Candidate must be First Aid and CPR certified.
- Prior experience working with asylum seekers, immigrants, refugees, or other marginalized populations preferred.
- Must be available to work weekends.
- Computer proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19 and able to work in-person in Rockville, MD or elsewhere in the DMV, if necessary.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
- Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SAMU First Response is an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. SAMU does not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws.