About SAMU First Response
SAMU First Response is a global medical and social nonprofit organization that provides immediate humanitarian relief to vulnerable populations using a comprehensive and culturally competent approach. Grupo SAMU, our European branch, has over 40 years of experience successfully responding and delivering assistance to communities experiencing complex crises.
Given the migration crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border, SAMU First Response will be opening an Emergency Respite Center in Rockville, MD to address the acute needs of asylum seekers and migrants passing through the DC area. SAMU will work with local government and partner organizations to ensure that newcomers have access to comprehensive services, including food, clothing, hygiene facilities, respite, and medical/legal support as they travel to their destination.
Role and Responsibilities
The Finance and Administration Specialist is responsible for overseeing financial operations, ensuring administrative stability , accuracy and sustainability of the Welcome and Respite Program.
- Assists with scheduling and coordinating meetings and events
- Liaise with partners, donors, accountants and other stakeholders to prepare reports and solve financial diligence procedures in time and specification
- Develop and manage budgets, financial plans and forecasts
- Prepare and analyze financial reports such as income and cash flow statements, balance sheets, and others
- Monitor and manage cash flow, ensuring adequate funding to meet financial obligations
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable processes
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting requirements
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures
- Manage and coordinate audits and financial reviews/systems, and/or software
- Manage and coordinate donor reporting and grant management requirements
- Oversee payroll and benefits
- Provide financial advice and support to other departments within the organization and propose solutions to leadership team
- Coordinate with other staff members and leadership team regarding availability of resources and needs
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to resolve any issues and collect relevant data/receipts on a regular basis.
- Keep track of expenses and transactions, making reports and reconciling information every week and/or in accordance to program needs
- Other Duties, as Assigned
Qualifications And Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or relevant discipline, and/or 1-3 years of relevant experience, in particular with Federal and State/local grants in non-profit environments.
- Strong knowledge of financial management principles and practices.
- Fluency in English and a second language (preferably Spanish, French, or Portuguese).
- Prior experience working with asylum seekers, immigrants, refugees, or other marginalized populations preferred.
- Computer proficiency and data entry experience.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to pass required background checks and health screenings (drugs, alcohol, TB) and able to work in-person within the DMV area.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19 and able to work in-person within the DMV area, with occasional travel/accompaniment to other locations in the region.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Punctuality and attendance to all scheduled shifts.
- Communicating with newcomers and colleagues in a professional, respectful, and constructive manner.
- Treating newcomers with dignity.
- Upholding confidentiality at all times.
- Commitment to a safe, harassment and discrimination-free workplace.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
- Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send your resume via email to email@example.com with the job title in the heading. Please also indicate your availability to start, should you be offered a position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SAMU First Response is an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. SAMU does not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, 3 domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws.